This Sunday, Pastor Alicia presented an inspiring and uplifting message to conclude the series on Revival. We study the life of Josiah, a young King of Judah who demonstrates what the Lord does for His faithful followers and the vital importance of scripture.
Focus Scriptures: 2 Chr. 33:2-6; 2 Chr. 34; 2 Chr. 35:18
King Josiah takes 7 decisive steps that change his entire country:
- He cleanses the land of false worship.
- He cleanses the temple.
- He found the Book of the Law.
- He repents for not following the Book of the Law.
- He calls the people to obey the Book of the Law.
- He and the people make a covenant to keep God’s commands.
- He celebrates Israel’s greatest Passover.
Ezra further imparts the following important lessons in his recounting of King Josiah’s life:
- Reading scripture daily changes your life.
- It is good to make a covenant with the Lord.
- Reading scripture changes Nations.
In a series review, we learn that the book of Second Chronicles is also called a “book of revivals”. Revival requires the following to bring the people back to God:
- Commitment (2 Chr. 16:9)
- Prayer (2 Chr. 20:12)
- A place ( 2 Chr. 24:4-5)
- Corporate worship ( 2 Chr. 30:21-22)
- Repentance (2 Chr. 34:19)
What will you take away from the Revival Series? Please share with us in the comments.